Wednesday, September 13, 2006
EDDIE VAN HALEN SPEAKS TO HOWARD STERN:
A busy weekend as far as rock n roll news. The biggest news I guess is a rare radio appearance by Eddie Van Halen, phoning into the Howard Stern show to update listeners on everything Eddie.
I haven't heard the interview myself, but if I get audio of it, I'll post here. The champs at VHLinks.com have a detailed conversation thread going about the interview
It seems Ed was his usual entertaining self on the phone - his comments definitely giving fans an indication on where Van Halen goes from here (if anywhere). Highlights of the interview incude:
- Eddie calling Sammy and Mike's Other Half a 'cover band'.
- Stating that Van Halen is now himself, Alex and son Wolfgang. Anthony can 'do whatever he wants...'
- Stating that he was open to working / touring with David Lee Roth but any involvement with Michael Anthony seems all but impossible.
- Talked about his music in the adult film calling it a 'struggle between good and evil'.
- Smoking didn't cause him cancer, it was the use of metal picks, which he always had in his mouth.
- Next release will be a solo album or project with Alex and Wolfgang.
- Called Hagar 'Little Red Rocker' and 'Little Red Worm') and Michael Anthony 'Hot Sauce Sobileski'.
- Also talked of investing in a cancer center (something management told me in 2004...a substantial amount of money from all reports).
posted by Paul Dickinson at 5:31 PM | Email Us